I am a frequent public speaker in the Open Source and, more recently, open technology and free culture domains.
Due to leave I am presently unavailable as a speaker. If you are interested in me appearing at your event in future (2014 onwards), please contact me via the Ada Initiative.
- Getting involved and getting things done, since 1999, Google Sydney women in technology summit, September 2013
- Fostering diversity: not a boring chore, a critical opportunity, Wikimania 2012, July 2012
- Saving the world with Python, PyCon AU, August 2011
- Women in open technology and culture worldwide, co-presented with Valerie Aurora, linux.conf.au 2012, January 2012
- The Ada Initiative, Girl Geek Dinner Sydney, June 2011
- Starting Your Free Software Adventure, LinuxChix miniconf at linux.conf.au 2009, January 2009
- Gender 2.0: The state of the Women in Open Source community (paper), Open Source Developers Conference, December 2008.
- Precious precious precious data (notes), Sydney Linux Users Group, November 2008.
- Computational Linguistics, at AussieChix microconference, October 2008
- The Planet Feed Reader: Better Living Through Gravity (paper), Open Source Developers Conference, December 2006.
- Free Software, and how to pay for it, Sydney Linux Users Group, October 2002.
Workshops and seminars
- Workshop for allies of women in open source, co-presented with Valerie Aurora, Haecksen miniconf at linux.conf.au 2012.