I am a frequent public speaker in the Open Source and, more recently, open technology and free culture domains.
If you are interested in me appearing at your event, please contact me via the Ada Initiative.
- Getting involved and getting things done, since 1999, Google Sydney women in technology summit, September 2013
- Fostering diversity: not a boring chore, a critical opportunity, Wikimania 2012, July 2012
- Saving the world with Python, PyCon AU, August 2011
- Graduation dinner address, School of IT, University of Sydney, April 2015
- Women in open technology and culture worldwide, co-presented with Valerie Aurora, linux.conf.au 2012, January 2012
- The Ada Initiative, Girl Geek Dinner Sydney, June 2011
- Starting Your Free Software Adventure, LinuxChix miniconf at linux.conf.au 2009, January 2009
- Gender 2.0: The state of the Women in Open Source community (paper), Open Source Developers Conference, December 2008.
- Precious precious precious data (notes), Sydney Linux Users Group, November 2008.
- Computational Linguistics, at AussieChix microconference, October 2008
- The Planet Feed Reader: Better Living Through Gravity (paper), Open Source Developers Conference, December 2006.
- Free Software, and how to pay for it, Sydney Linux Users Group, October 2002.
Workshops and seminars
- Impostor syndrome training:
- AdaCamp Montreal, April 2015
- AdaCamp Portland, July 2014
- Workshop for allies of women in open source:
- Make Hack Void, Canberra, September 2013
- Haecksen miniconf at linux.conf.au, Ballarat, January 2012 (with Valerie Aurora)
I don’t maintain a complete list of my academic presentations here, but my conference papers are listed on my research page.