I am a frequent public speaker in the Open Source and, more recently, open technology and free culture domains.
If you are interested in me appearing at your event, please contact me via the Ada Initiative.
- Fostering diversity: not a boring chore, a critical opportunity, Wikimania 2012, July 2012
- Saving the world with Python, PyCon AU, August 2011
- Women in open technology and culture worldwide, co-presented with Valerie Aurora, linux.conf.au 2012, January 2012
- The Ada Initiative, Girl Geek Dinner Sydney, June 2011
- Starting Your Free Software Adventure, LinuxChix miniconf at linux.conf.au 2009, January 2009
- Gender 2.0: The state of the Women in Open Source community (paper), Open Source Developers Conference, December 2008.
- Precious precious precious data (notes), Sydney Linux Users Group, November 2008.
- Computational Linguistics, at AussieChix microconference, October 2008
- The Planet Feed Reader: Better Living Through Gravity (paper), Open Source Developers Conference, December 2006.
- Free Software, and how to pay for it, Sydney Linux Users Group, October 2002.
Workshops and seminars
- Workshop for allies of women in open source, co-presented with Valerie Aurora, Haecksen miniconf at linux.conf.au 2012.