This is a summary resume, for full details see my LinkedIn profile.
Director of operations and research, the Ada Initiative.
Selected past positions
- Editorial assistant, Computational Linguistics journal, 2003–2004, 2007–2010
- Senior analyst/developer, CommSecure Pty Ltd, December 2004–March 2006
- Senior research assistant, Department of Computing, Macquarie University, Feburary 2004–August 2004
- Computer science tutor and teaching assistant (casual), Department of Computer Science, University of Sydney 2001–2002, Department of Computing, Macquarie University, 2003.
See my Speaker page.
Open Source community positions
- founder, LinuxChix miniconferences at linux.conf.au (now Haecksen miniconferences), 2007, lead or co-lead organiser, LinuxChix miniconferences, 2007 and 2008, contributing volunteer 2012 and 2013.
- (co) chair of the linux.conf.au program in 2008–2010, and 2013
- founder, Oceania Women of Open Tech, 2011
- committee member of Linux Australia in the first half of 2011
- founder, AussieChix (Australian LinuxChix chapter, now incorporated into OWOOT), 2007
- reviewer for linux.conf.au and PyCon US
- former lead documentation author for the Twisted project
- Doctor of Philosophy; computer science (Macquarie University, 2013)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours); honours class I in computing (Macquarie University, 2004), majors in computer science and mathematics (University of Sydney, 2003)
- Bachelor of Arts, majors in linguistics, philosophy and semiotics (University of Sydney, 2003)
Awards and prizes